So, yesterday I finished writing The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter (Book 4: The Riyria Chronicles). But that still means it's far, far from done. Here is the schedule I'm going to try to stick to in order to get the book from "written" to "released."
- May 18, 2017 – Finished first-draft start re-reading & editing
- May 25, 2017 – Book will go to Robin for alpha reading
- June 4, 2017 - I'll incorporate alpha reader feedback
- June 25, 2017 – Robin will copy & line edit in preparation for beta read
- July 2, 2017 – I'll re-read book with Robin's changes and tweak as necessary
- July 11, 2017 – Beta reading begins
- August 27, 2017 – Beta reading ends
- September 4, 2017 – Beta feedback incorporated and professional copy editing begins
- October 4, 2017 – Copy editing ends - begin re-read and accept/reject copyedits
- October 15, 2017 – Final manuscript done
- October 16, 2017 – Audio book recording begins
- October 23,2017 – ebook and print layout begins
- October 30, 2017 – proofing of pre-press files
- November 23, 2017 – books printed and shipped
- December 5, 2017 – on sale date, pre-orders shipped
This is, of course, a tentative schedule, but we need something to be working toward so people can plan appropriately. Marc Simonetti has already started on the cover design (part of which you can see above). And Tim Gerard Reynolds and the studio are already booked for the dates listed above. If you are excited about the book here are some links that may interest you.
- Sign-up to become a beta reader.
- Pre-order audio copy (and get free ebook edition).
- If you are interested in ebooks or print editions, an early-notification sign-up is here.
If you think you might want to be a beta reader, you need to read this "Primer" first as it explains how the beta is conducted and what will be expected of you.
In any case, still a lot to get done in a short amount of time, but I think the novel is in good shape so hopefully everything will come together quickly.